Plant Explosion Injuries
Chemical plants and refineries are filled with many hazards for workers. One of the most catastrophic events that can occur in these environments is an explosion. Plant explosion injuries are often severe and widespread, affecting dozens or even hundreds of people.
Most blasts at chemical plants and refineries are caused by negligence such as companies failing to uphold safety regulations. When you’ve been injured in a plant explosion, a Texas refinery burn lawyer at Liggett Law Group can help you pursue legal action against the responsible party to get compensation for the physical injuries you suffered and the financial damages they’ve caused.
Common Types of Plant Explosion Injuries
The most common types of plant explosion injuries are:
- Burns: A plant explosion can generate heat blasts over a thousand degrees, often vaporizing anything near the center of the blast. Even people and objects hundreds of yards away can suffer severe 3rd degree burns. If chemicals are released in the explosion, these can also inflict serious chemical burn injuries. This type of injury can result in long-term pain, scarring, disfigurement, and, in the most severe cases, death.
- Orthopedic injuries: This includes such injuries as broken bones, damaged vertebrae, muscle or ligament strains and sprains, and skull fractures. These injuries are often caused by the force of the blast or by debris from the blast.
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises: Flying and falling debris during an explosion can cause a wide range of injuries, from deep gashes to minor scrapes and bruises.
- Inhalation injuries: The chemicals, smoke, and fumes from an explosion can cause serious injuries to the respiratory system.
- Loss of hearing: The noise from an explosion can cause hearing loss to varying degrees of severity, which in some cases may be permanent.
- Emotional trauma: It’s not uncommon for victims of a plant explosion to suffer from emotional injuries, including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. This condition is a serious disorder that can take a major toll on the victim’s ability to function normally in day-to-day life.
The long-term medical care needed after many plant explosion injuries is incredibly expensive, and the victims in such accidents are often unable to return to work for a very long time, if ever.
Get Help From Lubbock Plant Explosion Injury Attorney
For those who have been injured at work in a plant explosion, Liggett Law Group urges you to call us as soon as possible. Our plant explosion injury attorneys have the experience, knowledge, and resources necessary to fully investigate your case and aggressively fight for your maximum financial recovery. Call 806-744-HURT (4878) today to schedule a free, confidential consultation.