The entire legal team at Liggett Law Group is thrilled to help Lubbock celebrate the Fourth of July. However, holiday times often present more dangers, particularly for travelers. According to the American Automobile Association (AAA), over 3.4 million Texans will be traveling this July 4th. With an increase of people on the roads, it’s extra important for all drivers to drive safely. In an effort to prevent drunk driving accidents, Liggett Law Group is offering free cab rides home this Fourth of July for Lubbock residents.
Don’t Drink And Drive
At Liggett Law Group, we may help victims of accidents, but ideally we would like to help prevent tragic accidents like drunk driving accidents from occurring in the first place. If you or someone you know needs a safe ride home this Fourth of July, call 744-HURT during the hours of 12:00 pm on July 4th to 2:00 am on July 5th. Liggett Law Group will arrange and pay for a cab to drive your party home. Whether you’ve only had one drink or you’ve had one too many, give us a call and we will help get you home safely.
Have A Safe Fourth of July
Drunk drivers aren’t the only danger over the holiday. We’ve compiled some Fourth of July safety tips to make sure your holiday is remembered for all the right reasons.
- Fireworks can be dangerous. Fireworks and the Fourth of July go together, but fireworks can cause serious injuries. Always make sure you are a safe distance away and never point a firework at another individual.
- Take your time when cooking. While charcoal and gas grills can easily cause burn injuries or start fires, they can also play a part in food poisoning. If your burgers are undercooked, you could end up making yourself and your guests very sick. Always use a meat thermometer to ensure foods are thoroughly cooked.
- Manage your sun exposure. For most people, Fourth of July activities include all-day fun at the pool or lake. If this is the case, make sure to use sunscreen regularly and drink water frequently to keep yourself hydrated.
- Be smart when swimming. Even if you are an experienced swimmer, never swim alone and always look out for boats and other water vehicles.
- Keep your pets inside. Many dogs and other pets are distressed by the sound of fireworks. To best protect them, keep them far from the action.
The personal injury attorneys at Liggett Law Group want every Texan to celebrate the Fourth of July safely. We’d like to have no new cases the Thursday after. That can happen, if people take the proper precautions. However, if you are the victim of someone else’s carelessness this Fourth of July, please call us today.