We all know what a fun holiday the Fourth of July is in Lubbock. Fireworks, backyard BBQs, and pool days are some of our favorite ways to celebrate. Another way we like to commemorate Independence Day is by helping our beloved city of Lubbock stay safe. Read below for our top Fourth of July safety tips, as well as details on the free cab ride program Liggett Law Group is offering on the fourth in order to discourage drinking and driving and keep our community as safe as possible.
Safety First This Fourth of July
Be sure to practice safety while celebrating the holiday with these top Fourth of July tips:
- Make sure fireworks are legal in the area if you plan to use them. Texas might allow fireworks, but that doesn’t necessarily mean your city, town, or county currently does.
- Always have an adult supervise, never allow young children to play with or set off the fireworks.
- Keep a hose or bucket of water near your fireworks station in case of malfunction or emergency.
- Never relight a failed firework!
- Keep a close eye on sun exposure while out by the pool or drinking in the heat.
- Stay hydrated throughout the hot weekend!
- Be smart while swimming or celebrating on a boat.
- Pay close attention while grilling outside to avoid possible burn injuries from charcoal or gas grills.
- Keep your pets inside. This holiday is sadly one of the most dangerous for lost, injured, and panicked pets.
- Don’t drink and drive. Call us instead!
Don’t Drink And Drive. Get a Safe Ride Home.
At Liggett Law Group, we always work hard to keep our Lubbock community as safe as possible. The Fourth of July can be a fun but dangerous holiday, and we would like to help prevent tragic accidents – like drunk driving accidents – from occurring at all costs.
If you or someone you know needs a safe ride home this Fourth of July, call 744-HURT. Liggett Law Group will arrange and pay for a cab to drive your party home. Whether you’ve only had one drink or you’ve had one too many, give us a call and we will help get you home safely.