Fourth of July is one of the country’s favorite holidays, but it also poses some unique dangers to those who are unprepared. To enjoy the Fourth of July safely this year, follow these safety tips:
- Watch your fingers! Everyone loves shooting off fireworks on the Fourth of July, but they can be dangerous. Firecrackers and cherry bombs can easily cause burn injuries or worse, but smaller fireworks like sparklers and bottle rockets can also cause burns and account for one-fourth of all Fourth of July fireworks injuries.
- Take your time when cooking. While charcoal and gas grills can easily cause burn injuries or start fires, they can also play a part in food poisoning. If your burgers are undercooked, you could end up making yourself and your guests very sick. Always use a meat thermometer to ensure foods are thoroughly cooked.
- Manage your sun exposure. For most people, Fourth of July activities include all-day fun at the pool or beach. If this is the case, make sure to use sunscreen regularly and drink water frequently.
- Be smart when swimming. Whether you are in the ocean, by a pool, or at a local lake, make sure you never swim alone. If you’re in the ocean or a lake, watch out for boats and other water vehicles because they might not always be able to see you.
- Keep your pets inside. Many dogs and other pets are distressed by the sound of fireworks. To best protect them, keep them far from the action.
- Don’t drink and drive. Many people enjoy alcoholic beverages while celebrating Fourth of July, but getting behind the wheel puts everyone at risk. Instead, make arrangements ahead of time, call a friend, or take a cab on us!
Free Cab Rides This Fourth Of July
Liggett Law Group is offering free cab rides this Fourth of July. Even if you think you’re okay to drive, call 744-4878 and we’ll pay for your cab ride home. Only you can help us keep Lubbock safe this Fourth of July by preventing drunk driving.
Liggett Law Group wants every Texan to celebrate the Fourth of July safely. We’d like to have no new cases the day after. That can happen if people take the proper precautions. However, if you are the victim of someone else’s carelessness this Fourth of July, please contact the personal injury attorneys at Liggett Law Group today, so we can look at the facts and help you get justice.