Every summer, millions of Americans go to amusement parks, carnivals, and fairs for a little summer fun, but these places can be extremely dangerous if the proper safety precautions aren’t taken. To best protect yourself and your children from injury at an amusement park, follow our safety tips.
Amusement Park Safety Tips
- Always follow the height, age, weight, and health requirements for roller coasters and other rides. These requirements ensure each rider will fit securely into the ride for maximum safety.
- Listen to any instructions given by a ride operator.
- Keep your limbs inside the ride at all times. While many people are tempted to throw their hands in the air during a roller coaster ride, it makes them more likely to knock into other passengers or hit stationary equipment.
- Empty your pockets of any loose articles. Things like wallets, pocket change, sunglasses, or cell phones could be hazardous falling objects for patrons below.
- Always use the safety equipment provided. Attempting to loosen safety harnesses or equipment is dangerous and leaves the rider unprotected.
- Remain seated in all rides until you come to a complete stop and are instructed to exit.
- Stay hydrated. Many riders get caught up in the excitement of roller coasters and forget to drink plenty of fluids. Dehydration can increase your risk of injury or illness on some rides.
In addition to hazards specific to amusement parks, visitors must also be wary of other dangers like slick surfaces that can lead to falls and negligent security, which can let dangerous intruders get near vulnerable children. While patrons can reduce their risk of injury by following safety rules and practices, amusement parks also have a responsibility to keep all rides properly maintained and operated and to keep the overall environment safe and secure.
Amusement parks must have competent operators who inform patrons of all safety protocols to prevent injury. If an amusement park fails to keep its patrons safe, it can be held legally responsible for the resulting injuries.
Texas Amusement Park Injury Attorneys
Amusement parks provide hours of fun for millions of people each year. However, sometimes tragedies occur due to lax safety standards by amusement park personnel. If you or someone you love was injured at a Texas amusement park, call the experienced premises liability attorneys at Liggett Law Group today for a free consultation to discuss your case.