Refinery and Chemical Plant Accidents
The oil and petrochemical refinery industry is one of the most dangerous occupations to work in, with catastrophic accidents, injuries, and deaths every year. Despite recent newsworthy deadly refinery explosions, these workplace accidents continue to cause severe injuries and death.
If you have recently been injured in an accident at a plant or an industrial facility, you and your family are likely hurting. Chemical and refinery explosions have many causes and are an all too common across the country, due to the negligence of plant owners, violations of OSHA safety regulations, the failure to provide appropriate safety training or equipment, and more.
Refineries are subject to strict state and federal safety requirements designed to prevent explosions and accidents, including:
- Adequate staffing
- Maintenance of necessary warning signals and alarms to warn of danger.
- Providing for safe containment of flammable liquids
- Providing sufficient ventilation,
- Regularly inspections of tanks and containers holding dangerous liquids
- Restricting access to areas where hazardous operations are underway
- Requiring safety procedure training
- Response plans
- Repairing and maintaining equipment, including heavy machinery
If you or a loved one were injured in a chemical plant or refinery explosion or workplace accident, you need a knowledgeable lawyer on your side. The legal team of Liggett Law Group has years of experience successfully handling occupational injury and wrongful death claims. So give us a call today and let us fight for your legal rights.